7.24.2005

To God Be the Glory

Week 2 of my song reflections. It has actually been pretty cool the past week to really meditate on and put verses to the words of the songs we sing. I haven't done this since I was in the choir! Today, the song that really stood out to me was "Not To Us" by Chris Tomlin. The first few times I heard the song, I wasn't too crazy about it, but like always for me, once I really examined the words, it became my prayer. Now I actually like it!


Our hearts unfold before Your throne
The only place for those who know
Its not for us
Its all for you.

How often do we humbly go to the throne of God to worship Him by telling Him how glorious and worthy of praise He is? If we are going to sing this song as a prayer to God and really mean it, we need to understand that for us, the most blessed place we can be is to be at our Master's feet. I doubt that any of us go to His feet often enough.

Not to us
But to Your name be the glory
Worshipping God requires that we understand who He is. Since God is the only One capable of creating anything from nothing, He alone is worthy of glory. Revelation 4:11 says "You are worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power; For You created all things, And by Your will they exist and were created. (NKJV)

"He has made the earth by His power,He has established the world by His wisdom, and has stretched out the heavens at His discretion. When He utters His voice there is a multitude of waters in the heavens and He causes the vapors to ascend from the ends of the earth. He makes lightning for the rain, He brings the wind out of His treasures. (Jer 10:12-13 NKJV).

Hmmm...God has quite a resume. Who am I to take credit for anything? (I Cor 10:31)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home