7.29.2005

Deliverance!

No, I'm not talking about that old movie, nor the fact that I finished Jeremiah yesterday and Lamentations today, but the fact that only God can restore our souls to peace and joy.

Reading through Lamentations this morning and through Jeremiah this past month has really made me think about God's grace to both me personally and to people in general, believers and non-believers alike. After all of the "destruction" in our lives, whatever the cause, God is there each morning with His unfailing compassion, mercy and faithfulness (Lam 3:23).

God alone can restore our strength if we only would focus on Him instead of ourselves and our lots in life. "Turn us back to You, O Lord, and we will be restored; Renew our days as of old" (Lam 5:21). I pray that more people would realize the power they have through God for restoration in their lives and that they would tap into it. Just think how many lives could be changed if more people really internalized this concept and sang a "new song" of praise to God.

Psalm 40:1-3
I waited patiently for the Lord; and he inclined unto me , and
heard my cry.
He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry
clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.
And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our
God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home