7.18.2005

If You Want To Be Blessed...

...then "hear the word of God, and keep it." (Luke 11:28).

Sounds so simple doesn't it? Honestly, the hearing part is easy but that keeping it part is another story. This verse reminds me a little of all of the schemes out there to get rich. We can buy many different books that tell us how to make money and truthfully, if we followed them, we just might make our fortune. But, following a plan takes discipline and effort and thus, we fall short.

God tells us how to be blessed many times in scripture and the ones that stand out to me the most concern our love for God's word. We have been given the roadmap to "riches", but those little obstacles of discipline and effort get in the way.

Questions to think about:
1. Am I following people or God? (Psalm 1:1-3)
2. Do I meditate on God's word day and night? (Joshua 1:8)
3. Am I seeking God with my whole heart? (Psalm 119:2)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home