7.07.2005

Shooting the Messenger

Well, I'm back to Jeremiah today in chapters 18-19. One of the things that stuck out to me today was that even though Jeremiah was saying what God wanted him to say, the people didn't like it and rather than heeding God's warnings, they chose to plot against Jeremiah. (Je 19:18).

How many times when I have been told what I didn't want to hear by either a friend or by God did I just not listen and choose to continue in my own ways? It is not always pleasant to hear the truth sometimes, but we need to remember that we are the clay in the Potter's hands and not the other way around.

How many times have I been the "Jeremiah" and told someone the truth in love only to be pushed aside? I'm sure we've all been there too. Standing for God isn't always easy, but it is definitely a must and is always worth it in the long run.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home