7.13.2005

Today's Judgment, Tomorrow's Mercy

I resumed my reading in Jeremiah today and decided when I read the first chapter (21) that I would continue reading until I had something pleasant to report. Fortunately, I came to chapter 23 after two more chapters of warnings and more warnings to the various kings of Judah. I didn't have time today to read to the end of the book! :)

In Jeremiah 23:1-8 (note: I stopped at v.8 because after that came warnings to the prophets!) we see some end to God's judgment upon Israel/Judah as He declares the following:

Jer 23:4 And I will set up shepherds over them which shall feed them: and they shall fear no more, nor be dismayed, neither shall they be lacking saith the Lord.

I am so thankful to God that no matter how many times we disappoint Him or have disappointed Him, we still get that extra chance to return back to Him and be blessed (see Deut 30:1-10).

I wonder how many people forget this and continue living their lives in regret rather than accepting God's gift of mercy and pressing forward?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home