8.04.2005

Being "Worthy" - The Paradox

The Paradox
Mainstream society tries to make us think that each one of us is and should be the center of our own universe. The bible compares our best efforts at righteousness to filthy rags (Is 64:6). It is no wonder that so many of us are confused!
Am I Worthy to Be Used?
Yes, I am, and you are worthy to be used, but not worthy to be praised. I believe that there are two keys to recognizing our place in this world and stepping up and out to make a difference in it.

1. We are important to God - God loves us and gave His son to die for us, so that He could empower each one of us to be lights in the darkness of this world. He needs us, for the very reason that we are so imperfect, so He can show the world what He can do and so people will know that He is God!

But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. (Eph 2:4-7 NKJV)

2. We are not important in relation to God - In the whole scheme of things, we are pretty insignificant indeed. However it is the realization of insignificance that gives us true power, and in that lies the paradox. In my opinion, this is the essence of faith, for to have true faith in God, we must not have faith in ourselves.

And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. (2 Cor 12:9 NKJV)
You are Worthy, But Are You Ready?
Feel worthy to be used by God, but not so worthy that God can't use you. This is all such deep stuff to think about. We will all be ready to be used by our Creator when we can remember that the people in our lives seeking answers really don't want to hear from us, they want to hear from God. Is your spirit ready?

2 Comments:

At 7:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reminder that we should "not have faith in ourselves". I think we often forget that part of the picture and move to our old tendencies. I appreciate the reminder that I always need to be ready for God to use me. I think we often think we cannot be used because we have nothing to give. God does love us and will use us whether big or small. Thanks for the reminder!!!

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Janna Rust said...

I agree with you. I think it is especially hard for those who have achieved "worldly success" in careers, athletics, academics, etc. to remember to rely on God. Great comments!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home