8.03.2005

Do I Have To?

"Son of man, receive into your heart all My words that I speak to you, and hear with your ears. And go, get to the captives, to the children of your people, and speak to them and tell them, 'Thus says the Lord God,' whether they hear, or whether they refuse." - God (Ez 3:10-11 NKJV)

When God says it, we must do it, even if it isn't always fun. Ezekiel chapter 2 and 3 remind me of Ephesians 4:15 where we are told to speak the truth in love. Ezekiel was told numerous times by God that he would be speaking to a rebellious Israel that probably would not listen, but nevertheless, he was supposed to go to them. God literally put the words to say in Ezekiel's mouth - God made Him eat a scroll (Ez 3:2) !

As leaders, we have an important responsibility to fulfill by making sure that people know the truth. If we know the truth, whether it be the gospel, or just a way to live life in a more biblical manner, we must share it. Throughout Ezekiel 3:16-27, God stresses to Ezekiel that if he doesn't give warning to the wicked, his (the wicked's) blood shall be required at Ezekiel's hand. In other words, Ezekiel is responsible if he doesn't speak up.

I think this is a hard truth to apply because it is to easy sometimes to take rejection personally. But, I sure don't want to be responsible for someone else's hardships when I knew I should have spoken up!

2 Comments:

At 5:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting how God is always focused on the heart. That we received it in our heart. More important than knowing. Thanks for taking the time to share your reading. I'm enjoying it.

Tom

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Ben said...

Yeah, me too. I'm enjoying it also. Thanks for sharing.

Benjay

 

Post a Comment

<< Home