8.26.2005

Do You Know and Trust the Famous One?

Are you praising or just singing? Do you understand the difference? One of the most important things to me in our weekend church service is the music portion of our service. Not just because I've been involved with music all of my life, but because I firmly believe that music has the ability to soften our hearts to better hear what God has to say to us.

This coming Sunday, we will be singing a song entitled "Famous One" by Chris Tomlin. When I sing the following stanza, I am talking to God as I sing the words:

You are the Lord
The Famous One, the Famous One
Great is Your Name in all the earth
The heavens declare
You're Glorious, you're Glorious
Great is Your fame beyond the earth

Can you imagine being so famous that your fame would extend beyond the earth? That the heavens declare your name? Who can fathom the magnificence of God! (Ps 19:1, Ps 97:6) Worshipping God in Spirit and in truth (John 4:23) means that we know who He is.

And for all you've done and yet to do
With every breath I'm praising You
Desire of nations and every heart
You alone are God
You alone are God

Are you praising God for all He's done and all He's yet to do? Even if it has been a difficult road sometimes? I determine whether or not I'm praising or singing to God by whether or not I could honestly pray the song back to God. For instance, if I'm pretty frustrated with God and am having trouble praising Him, this song might be a gut check to me to see the condition of my heart. To me, this part of the song makes me really focus on my faith in God's plan and not my own. After all, He alone is God!

For another reflection on this song click here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home