8.11.2005

The Line in the Sand

Today in my reading I saw how Ezekiel 16:10-14 figuratively depicts the "gifts" that God has given to His people of Jerusalem. How quickly they forgot that their prosperity was given to them from God and that it did not come from the works of their own hands. Actually, I wonder if they ever gave credit to God in the first place. Hmm....

This made me think of my own talents and abilities and how much God expects from those who have been blessed with various gifts. God has given each one of us spiritual gifts (Ro 12:6, Eph 4:11-12) to use to build His kingdom. Jesus told his disciples that "For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required." (Luke 12:48 NKJV) Could that be the "line in the sand" as mentioned in the following lyrics to a song by Phillips, Craig & Dean entitled "Let the Worshippers Arise"?

Father I see that You are drawing
A line in the sand
And I want to be standing on Your side
Holding Your hand.
So let Your kingdom come, Let it live in me
This is my prayer
This is my plea

Chorus:
Let the worshippers arise
Let the sons and the daughters sing
I'm surrendering my all
I surrender to the King


I don't know about anyone else, but I want to be on God's side of the line in the sand, holding His hand through this lifetime. I pray that I can live up to His expectations of me here on this earth. Do I give my all, all of the time?

For the rest of the church body - ours and others across the globe - I do pray that the "worshippers arise". What would happen if every believer lived in total surrender?

1 Comments:

At 11:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a sobering thought to think of how God's chosen people, a picture of the body of Christ today Eph 4:1, only occasionally gave God the credit for their prosperity. On a postive note there was a time during the reign of Solomon (approx. 600 years prior to Ez 16: ) when the nation of Israel did sacrifice and rejoice to God(2 Chron 7:4-11, 1 Kings 8:54-66). Unfortunately, after Solomon's 40 year reign they were soon to follow the folly of their new king Rehoboam.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home