8.08.2005

Of Hearts and Hope

Thank You, Lord, for the reminders that You give me in Your Word no matter where I am reading. Once again, when I was weary of reading about judgment, You came through with hope for new beginnings, even in the 11th chapter of Ezekiel!

Newsflash: God can change anything. Anything. Did I say "anything"?

Nothing is too hard for God to change, including our hearts and the hearts of those we care about. (Gen 18:14, Jer 32:17, Mk 10:27) I believe that deep down in our hearts, we do believe that God can change anything. So, why do we forget? I wish I had the answer to that question. If anyone does, please feel free to let the rest of us in on it. However, I do know that if God can change and restore the hearts of the people of Israel, He can surely do a makeover on yours and mine if we want Him too!

When God's people decide to actively change their ways, God responds! (Pr 16:3) Read what God says He will do after His people remove the idols from their lives:

"Then I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within them, and take the stony heart out of their flesh, and give them a heart of flesh,that they may walk in My statutes and keep My judgments and do them; and they shall be My people, and I will be their God." -Ezekiel 11:19-20

To change our ways, requires a change of our heart. Again, I'm glad that God reminds us that in addition to parting the sea, and wiping out large groups of people, that He can do delicate "heart surgery" as well.

P.S. The fine print so as not to emphasize the negative, but if we don't try to change our ways...well, I think you can guess what happens. For the short version, just read Ez 19:21. Otherwise, I'm sure I discussed it from Jeremiah in my post entitled "Choices" on July 14.

1 Comments:

At 1:15 PM, Blogger Addie said...

Great post Janna! I'm really enjoying hearing what God is showing you in your reading.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home