8.09.2005

Persistence - A Bad Thing?

Usually I think of persistency as being a good trait to have because so many people give up when things in their lives get difficult. However, in my reading today, it was pointed out that being persistant (could this be a synonym for "stubborn"?) can also not be such a positive attribute.

In Ezekiel 14:13 and 15:8, God speaks about the seriousness of "persistent unfaithfulness".

Ez 14:13-14 "Son of man, when a land sins agains Me by persistent unfaithfulness, I will stretch out My hand against it; I will cut off its supply of bread, send famine on it, and cut off man and beast from it. Even if these three men, Noah, Daniel, and Job, were in it, they would deliver only themselves by their righteousness," says the Lord God.

Ez 15:8 Thus I will will make the land desolate, because they have persisted in unfaithfulness, ' says the Lord God."

God must get furious and rightly so with His people who consistently and persistantly lead powerless lives when all they really need to do is seek God for the answers. Once again, I am reminded of how thankful I should be that God is also loving, and forgiving.

3 Comments:

At 7:50 AM, Blogger Laughingcow said...

Thank you for your kind words in my blog. :) I'm enjoying what I see of yours too, and I have my eye on some of those books that you're reading! :)

 
At 12:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When God's children sin against him, he is not only UPSET with them but even more filled with emotion...he is GRIEVED by their actions. "12 ΒΆ The word of the LORD came again to me, saying,
13 Son of man, when the land sinneth against me by trespassing GREVOUSLY, then will I stretch out mine hand upon it, and will break the staff of the bread thereof, and will send famine upon it, and will cut off man and beast from it: (Eze 14:12-13 KJV). A believer under grace is also faced with the possibility of grieving the holy Spirit Eph 4:30.

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Janna Rust said...

aa, Great comment. I am best motivated to change when I sincerely reflect on how much my actions are making God sad. Grieving - must be pretty sad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home