8.25.2005

"Weird" Behavior

No, I'm not talking about my wireless server, although it has been giving me fits of late, hence no post yesterday. Fortunately, I got lucky and figured out how to go "wired" this morning. "The show must go on"! Hardly anything raises my blood pressure like computer problems!! Or, maybe it is just the lack of control I feel over the situation!

Whew. Now that is off my chest, I'll get back to being spiritual. :) Lord, I do thank You that You have things totally under control even though I don't.

I read Ezekiel 22-24 today in search of something other than prophecy of judgment on those bad Israelites. Poor Zeke. I would guess by now he might be tired of being a pawn for God, but unfortunately (well, I guess he is still fortunate because he is, after all, still being obedient to God and thus living in His will) God wants to use Him to show some more weird behavior to the people of Israel. This time, God tells Ezekiel that his wife is going to die and that he is not to mourn or cry. (Ez 24:15-17) Wouldn't that be impossible? Ezekiel's obedience really speaks to me about the power of God to do anything in our hearts and minds.

To me, the point here is that all of us are put in positions like this in one time or another. We all go through trials but it is how we react to those trials that makes us stand out to others.

Phillipians 2:14 says for us to "Do all things without murmurings and disputings" (Note to self - Janna, even comforting your dog in the middle of the night during storms). We need to exhibit "weird" behavior to the world when things are crumbling around us so that they will be prompted to ask us how we are able to stand through the storms.

Again, why should be "weird" to the unsaved world? "That we may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world." (Ph 2:15)

How weird are you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home